Monday, March 7, 2011

The 25th year

Dear Minnow,
         Well, turning 25 without you wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Friday I had a nice morning teaching then went to the mall and bought a new pair of jeans (in my pre-pregnancy size) and two shirts. That  night I took a few of my ensemble kids into DC to be actors in your auntie Gina's thesis installation of Alice in Wonderland.The kids did an excellent job and I was so impressed by the costumes Gina created. After the show I went for drinks with friends at The Mad Hatter bar in the city. It was such a fun carefree day, for once I felt normal again. Saturday, my actual birthday, your daddy and I went to Arlington for lunch and then walked around the artist's studios in Alexandria. We had a great time together looking at all of the art. When we came home things started to go wrong. First I got a letter saying that my position at the school may be cut next year. I had finally gotten comfortable at the school and love my job and the people there, it would seriously suck if I have to look for a new job. Then I opened my birthday package from your Mimi, she sent me some much needed tank tops, and there in the box was the handmade mermaid that was supposed to go in your nursery. I cried. I miss you so much little one. I know there will always be moments when I will cry thinking of you but there are also moment when I am strong and can think back on the time I spent with you as a happy time.That night we threw a small martini party at the house with our friends. Your daddy and I love you more than anything Brennan and we know you are always in our hearts.
                Love,
              Fish
    

No comments:

Post a Comment