Monday, September 12, 2011

Still Catching Up

Dear Minnow,
          Hi baby girl. Here goes another attempt to catch you up on the happenings of the past few weeks. Remember  I told you how hurricane Irene had uprooted the huge tree in our new backyard? Well the tree had just been leaning with half the roots exposed but on Friday night I was home alone sitting on the couch (your daddy hadn't gotten home from his business trip yet) when I heard a crash and the house shook. Once again the insulation in this house must be darn near sound proof because the crash wasn't very loud, certainly not loud enough to be the entire tree falling and yet it was! I assumed Wrigley had knocked something down upstairs and went upstairs to find him but after not finding anything out of place upstairs I turned on the porch light to find the giant tree laying across the backyard! The tree was taken apart on Sunday, just in time for more torrential rain. Needless to say the backyard is now a mud pit lol. Your daddy made a registry for the guppy over the weekend, I have been meaning to do it for weeks but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Every time we pick up something for your little sister I get so scared that it will end up just sitting in that room unused like the few items I had bought for you. I just keep telling myself that someday there will be a baby in that room even if it means we foster or adopt. I have to go back to Virginia Friday for a three hour glucose test, fun fun, I kind of assumed something was off with the one hour test when my hands started shaking violently and I felt like I was going to pass out about half and hour after the test. I'm really hoping I don't have gestational diabetes, no chocolate for the next three months would stink lol. Your little sister is quite the little mover lol she has been keeping me up all night the past few nights kicking away. Looks like I'll have a night owl on my hands :-). Between her kicking, having to pee every few hours and my big belly, I haven't been sleeping well at all! Daddy finally gave in and ordered me a snoogle pregnancy pillow, your aunt MK says I'd get more sleep if my snoogle and I slept in the bathtub so I don't have to walk as far to pee lol. I've been thinking about you a lot lately little one. I miss you baby girl.
               Love always,
             Mommy      

          ps. 24 weeks with  little sister guppy
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment