Monday, September 19, 2011

All Carbed Out

Dear Minnow,
         Mommy is having one of those days when no matter how hard she tries she just can't stop worrying about your little sister. She hasn't been kicking as much as usual for the past two days. Her heart rate is 135 which is good and your Auntie Addie keeps telling me not to worry but you know me baby girl. It is just so impossible to let go of my fear, at least in this matter. I just can't go through loosing another child. My one hour glucose test came back a little high, which Resa said could just be because I was a few days shy of 24 weeks when we did the test, but just to be sure she has had me carb loading for the past three days and I have to take the three hour test in the morning. The carb heavy menu I have to follow has me stuffed to the brim and constantly nauseous so I am really hoping that Maura's lack of movement is due to how full my stomach is (I have gastroparesis so my stomach doesn't digest on it's own so everything just sits in there until I take medicine before bed). I literally have to eat 5 pieces of bread, 6 saltines or 4 cookies, 1 cup of rice or noodles, 2 cups of fruit juice, 2 cups of milk or soy milk in my case, cereal, and 1 cup of beans and that is on top of normal meals! That is a whole lot of food! In other news I am loving my new job with the theatre in Baltimore! I wrote a proposal for a partnership and to start satellite classes at a local charter school and the school accepted it and has hired us to run a drama program for them :-). We also have tons of kids signed up for our classes. I just love the rest of the staff there they are so professional and kind. It is a wonderful change to be respected and to feel appreciated! :-) I'm heading up to the theatre tonight to meet with the artistic director and to watch some of rehearsal. Lol your little sister just kicked me :-). I love you baby girl with all of my heart! I promise I will write more later on and tell you all about the consignment sale your daddy and I went to over the weekend. We miss you every second of everyday little one. Please keep Maura Grace safe.
                    Love always,
                     Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment