Tuesday, August 9, 2011

:-)

Dear Minnow,
          Things went really well at your little sister's ultrasound today. Mommy was so worried. Thank goodness for our wonderfully understanding doctors! Dr. Stern at Genetics and IVF who did all of your scans and your genetic testing offered to do the guppy's 20 week scan. He and Mary our genetic counselor have just been so kind and helpful. As usual I began to hyperventilate as soon as we entered the exam room, it was the same room where we first found out that you weren't going to make it. A normal doctor would have ignored my hyperventilating or the fact that I couldn't help but cry and frantically ask questions during most of the ultrasound. There are too many doctors out there that just don't have the patience or compassion to deal with overly emotional, worried baby loss mamas like me. Dr. Stern and our wonderful midwife Resa Respoli are different. They care. No matter how idiotic my constant questions are or how may times I enter their office in tears they always take the time to explain things to me and make me feel human, they even remember your name little one and use it when we talk about you! That is caring. :-). The scan today showed that your little sister is healthy and growing normally. There are no signs of the chromosome disorder that took you from us minnow. I am so thankful to God! I just pray that God continues to keep her growing safely and that Maura will join your daddy and I in December. I wish you could be here with us little one. I promise your little sister will know what strong and beautiful soul her big sister was. I love you with all my heart Brennan.
                           Love always,
                                Fish


No comments:

Post a Comment