Thursday, July 7, 2011

Long weekends

Dear Minnow,
      I just love long weekends. Your daddy and I met the family up at the lodge where we were married to celebrate the fourth of July. It was such a beautiful weekend minus the torrential storm that ended up keeping me there an extra night (I drove back Monday at 4 a.m to get to work on time!). It was just hot enough to enjoy a swim in the lake and your daddy was nice enough to take me into town to walk through the old antique stores one afternoon! Sunday night we had your dad's birthday dinner. It is a tradition in his family for the person closest to the birthday boy or girl to stand up and give a toast in their honor. I have been the one to give your dad's toast since we got married and every year I write him a silly poem teasing him about this or that. This year was harder though little one. I spoke from my heart this year. Your dad has been my rock this year. After I lost you I fell apart and that man took the time to glue each piece back in place. That is love. I'm so lucky to have him in my life minnow. Please do mommy a favor and keep watch over your little brother or sister. I have my 16 week scan on Monday so mommy's nerves are fried. I am just so worried of loosing this baby too. If it is a girl I think we are going to name her Maura Grace, when I was pregnant with you I used to dream of my future family and I would say in my head "and these are my daughters Brennan and Maura." It just seems like the name of your sister my minnow. Know that mommy thinks of you all the time baby girl, not one day goes by when I don't miss you or mention you. You are my daughter Brennan and I love you so much, always.
         Love,
Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment