Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Dear Minnow,
        Oh my dear little minnow, you just can't catch a break can you baby? We had our nuro-translucency ultrasound on Tuesday to check for Downs Syndrome. The test was actually a lot of fun as you would not behave for the doctor so mommy got to watch you up on the screen for almost two hours! It was so wonderful to watch you swimming around, playing with your little toes, you even laid upside down and took a nap sucking your thumb! You already have such a wonderful personality minnow :-). I just couldn't stop smiling and giggling as I watched you. The screen came back looking normal but then the head doctor came in and looked at your pictures. He told me that you have a small, recessed jaw and that it really stands out to him. He said that this means you will have breathing problems when you are born and could mean you have a cleft pallet or a syndrome of some kind which could mean you will not make it. Our midwife is also pretty concerned, she is sending us to the hospital for more tests on Tuesday. Mommy is so scared little one. I know you are doing all you can minnow, I won't ask anymore of you. Mommy and Daddy will love you no matter what happens.
                         I love you with all my heart minnow,
                                Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment