Friday, November 19, 2010

12 Weeks 1 Day

Welcome to the second trimester minnow!!
           I am happy to say that things have improved since my last post. I started spotting again last night so I called Risa the midwife this morning and she was able to sneak us in for a check up this afternoon. There you were on the screen, nearly triple the size you were during your last ultrasound a month ago!! Risa says you are quite the mover, the whole time you were happily kicking away and waving your arms at us :-). I think your gonna be a dancer when you grow up, let's just hope you don't have your father's sense of rhythm! Risa said that during pregnancy the cervix becomes veiny and can sometimes get agitated and cause spotting for no real reason. She told me that unless I see dark red blood I'm fine, if I see dark red blood I need to call her immediately and  in her words "get your ass to the hospital".  She told me she knows that my last doctor did a lot of damage to my confidence and scared me a lot. Risa says that she's going to take care of me and that I just need to trust her. She said that with the ultrasound next week and a check up with her the following week she is hoping I will start to feel more comfortable and stable in the pregnancy. I am so thankful for her. God works in mysterious ways and I am so glad he put her healing presence in my life, well our lives :-). I still can't get over how big you have gotten minnow! I've gained three pounds in the past month and have quite the little round bump starting. I even bought my first pair of maternity pants yesterday lol. I will be sure to take some pictures this weekend. I love you my little minnow! Keep growing!
                                   love,
                                 Fish
           

No comments:

Post a Comment